PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0661: Diferență între versiuni
|Linia 43:||Linia 43:|
10. 2011 – 09. 2012
10. 2011 – 09. 2012Brentano
10. 2012 – 09. 2013Empiric in
10. 2012 – 09. 2013 Empiric
10. 2013 – 09. 2014Brentano
10. 2013 – 09. 2014
Versiunea de la data 29 noiembrie 2011 15:10
Brentano`s Psychology and the Problem of Intentionality of Sensuous Acts.
Project supported by a grant of the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, CNCS – UEFISCDI.
Project no.: PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0661
The project aims to develop a new interpretation of the problem of intentionality and of the relationship between Brentano’s empirical and descriptive psychology. For this, the following ideas are advanced: (1) in his fundamental work from 1874, Psychology from an Empirical Standpoint, Brentano does not have a personal answer to the question of how psychology can develop into a science. For this reason he embraces the explanatory model of natural sciences and defines psychology as a science which studies the laws of succession and coexistence of psychic phenomena; (2) the contrast between the empirical psychology from 1874 and the latter developed descriptive psychology rests not in the fact that the first has not yet attained to the genetic – descriptive distinction, but in the fact that inside the descriptive psychology Brentano abandons the idea of relating the psychology to the model of explanatory science, and defines it as a descriptive science in search of the fundamental constituting elements of a psychical act; (3) the analysis of intentionality of sensuous acts (sensations, phantasy presentations) brings to the fore a new trend in Brentano’s psychological thought, different from the one usually deployed, and can provide solutions to important, and still unsolved problems of his psychology, like the intentional features of sensation and the classification of psychical acts.
- philosophical psychology;
- philosophy as science;
- aristotelianism in the 19th century;
- sensuous acts.
Project leader: Dr. Ion Tănăsescu
Ion Tănăsescu (b. 1964) is senior researcher II at the Romanian Society for Phenomenology (2011) and at the Romanian Academy’s Institute of Philosophy (1992), doctor in philosophy with a thesis on Brentano’s intentionality (1998), member of Internationale Franz Brentano Gesellschaft from Würzburg and of the Romanian Society for Phenomenology, member in the editorial board of the journal Revista de filozofie and of Revue roumaine de philosophie; awarded scholarships: DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst), NEC (New Europe College) and FWF Lise-Meitner (Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung); areas of interest: late XIXth to early XXth century metaphysics and psychological philosophy, Aristotelian metaphysics and Aristotelian psychology.
- Principiul intenţionalităţii la Franz Brentano (The principle of intentionality in Brentano) 2004. Edited books: Franz Brentano et la philosophie 2011;
- Imaginaţie şi intenţionalitate. Perspective istorico-fenomenologice şi sistematice (Imagination and Intentionality. Historical-Phenomenological and Systematic Perspectives) 2008;
- Filosofia austriacă. Origini – Specific – Reprezentanţi (The Austrian Philosophy. Origins – Characteristics – Representatives) (with C. Stoenescu) 2005;
- Argumentul ontologic. Perspective tradiţionale şi interpretări moderne (The Ontological Argument. Traditional Perspectives and Modern Interpretations) 2004;
- The School of Brentano and Husserlian Phenomenology (with V. Popescu) 2003;
- Conceptul de intenţionalitate la Brentano. Origini şi interpretări (The Concept of Intentionality by Brentano. Origins and Interpretations) 2002;
Translations into Romanian:
- Bernhard Waldenfels, Die Skizze einer responsiven Phenomenology (2006);
- Franz Brentano, Von der mannigfachen Bedeutung des Seienden nach Aristoteles (2003);
- Franz Brentano, “Von dem Unterschiede der psychischen und physischen Phänomene” (Psychologie vom empirischen Standpunkt, 109-140);
Ion Tănăsescu has published numerous articles in collective volumes and in the following journals: Analele Universităţii Bucureşti, Brentano Studien, New Europe College Yearbook, Revista de filosofie, Revue roumaine de philosophie, Studia Phaenomenologica, Studia Universitas Babeş-Bolyai.
10. 2011 – 09. 2012: The Aristotelianism of young Brentano 10. 2012 – 09. 2013: Empiric and descriptive in the accomplishment of the psychology as a science in Brantano 10. 2013 – 09. 2014: The problem of intentionality of sensuous acts in Brentano
Dr. Elena Băltuță
- Project member
10. 2011 – 09. 2012 Influenta tomista asupra disertatiei lui Brentano
10. 2012 – 09. 2013 Influenta tomista asupra lucrarii de abilitare a lui Brentano
10. 2013 – 09. 2014 Influenta tomista asupra Psihologiei din punct de vedere empiric